Friday, December 26, 2014

Sourdough Yoghurt Bread


With this big Sourdough Yogurt Bread I wish you all a Happy Healthy New Year.

I have a list of breads I would like to bake. This is one of the list. A while back I found bread baked by Tim "breadbakinbassplayer". He bakes good looking bread. 

In stead of the two loaves I decided to bake a 2 kg big loaf. A Big Bang Bread to end 2014. 

This is what I used
900 gr Unbleached wheat flour (550)
100 gr Spelt
600 gr Water
20 gr  Salt
30 gr Raw Honey
200 gr Home made Yogurt
190 gr Sourdough Starter (approx 68% hydration)
4 gr  Instant Yeast (1 tsp)



This is what I did
Mix add all ingredients until incorporated. Cover and rest for 10 minutes. Stretch and fold 3 times, using letter fold method. Cover and rest for 10 minutes. 
After 45 minutes shape into a boule, place seam side down in well floured, linen lined banneton.  Place the banneton in a plastic bag in refrigerator for min. 8 hours.

Next morning preheat oven to 240 C, prepare for steam.

Remove loaf carefully from banneton and place it on parchment. Bake for 10 minutes with steam and another 45 minutes without steam pan and parchment paper. Cool on a wire rack.

I will send this loaf to Susan's Wild Yeast Yeastspotting

No comments:

Post a Comment